Marketing is regarded as the most important element in the growth of any company. Therefore, a career in marketing can be very challenging and rewarding at the same time. While some companies offer the job of marketing after graduation in any stream, with an MBA, B.Com or M.Com, it becomes much easier for getting a job in marketing. Some of the most common corporate positions in the field are- brand manager, marketing manager, market research analyst, new product manager etc. Therefore, it is not difficult to find institutes that offer marketing courses in India. Successful marketers know how to make a product or service stand out in a crowd. If you think differently than the average person, marketing might just be for you.
Do you have what it takes?
* Can you communicate your thoughts, ideas, and information clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally?
* Are you able to recognize problems and devise an appropriate plan of action to resolve that problem?
* Can you organize and interpret complex data?
* Are you good at generating new ideas? Can you then take and organize those ideas and communicate them verbally?
If you possess the qualities above then you could be a good candidate for entering and being successful in the career of marketing.
A career in marketing is enjoyable and fun. Most people who work in marketing will tell you it provides them with the challenge they have always wanted. The reason being is marketing is always changing; there are always techniques to learn, cases to study, and strategies to research. Most people think of sales positions when they hear the word “marketing,” but sales jobs are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to potential marketing careers.
As a marketing major you can gain experience in your chosen career by participating in an internship or volunteering in service learning and community projects. Samples of potential experiences include:
* Conducting Market Research for a Fortune 500 Company.
* Promoting products through development of Point-of-Purchase displays.
* Spending time reviewing potential cost, price, and market research for service programs.
* Learning how to research customer base potential using available data.
* Designing an advertising or promotional campaign to promote new services.
* Developing a marketing plan for a global business.
Skills required for a Career in Marketing
Graduation from any stream is the basic qualification for getting enrolled in the MBA in marketing. Candidates should be fluent in communication skills and in the art of convincing someone. MBA in marketing is a two-year degree program. Apart from the regular courses, MBA in marketing through distance-learning mode is also available. Admission to this course is generally given after the candidate has cleared an aptitude exam as well personal interview taken by the particular college or institute.
However, apart from the marketing management courses, one can also pursue courses in marketing.
Scope for Career in Marketing in India
As India is fast growing as a corporate hub of the world, a career in marketing becomes very exciting. With the emergence of more and more multinational and domestic companies joining the tide, opportunities for marketing professional are abounding. From joining as a marketing executive, one can go on becoming a marketing manager within a very short span of time. Thus, those with a vision and passion for climbing up the ladder with hard work can choose a marketing career.
Prominent Industries offering Career in Marketing
All the industries require qualified marketing executives who can lead their company to the pinnacle of success. However, some of the leading industries in India are Reliance, Tata, Bajaj, Hero Honda, ICICI, ABN Amro, Bank of Baroda, Birla Sun Life and so many